huke is a Japanese illustrator who is best known for creating the original character, Black★Rock Shooter, and working with the doujin group supercell. His character was the inspiration for Supercell's lead member ryo, who wanted to use huke's design to create a song and music video. Eventually this collaboration led to many opportunities for both parties, as the universe of Black★Rock Shooter eventually became an OVA and spawned many merchandise releases.
Huke is a graduate from an animation college. His career as a professional illustrator began on a game company and was involved in character design. He eventually resigned and became freelance, creating original concepts from his experience as a professional. huke soon became involved in certain illustrations based on the game Metal Gear Solid, and to enable to identify himself over the Web, he registered in Pixiv and he created a personal blog.
On December 2007, he submitted an illustration of Black★Rock Shooter. This inspired Ryo from Supercell, and a song became the product of the band's first contact with Black★Rock Shooter.
Aside from Black★Rock Shooter, huke also worked on the visual novel Steins;Gate, which is produced by 5pb. and Nitroplus. The game also became popular amongst fans, and an anime adaptation has been released based on the visual novel.
List of WorksEdit
- Metal Gear Solid (Booklet manga instructions, Illustrations)
- Metal Gear Solid 3 (Booklet manga instructions)
- Metal Gear Solid 4 (Character Design)
- Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (Character Design, Supporting Character Design, etc)
- Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + (Added Soldier design)
- METAL GEAR AC!D2 (Web Manga Illustration)
- Steins;Gate (Original Character Designer)
- Black★Rock Shooter (Original Character Design, Series Creator, Originator)
- Fate/EXTRA (Treasure Designer)
- supercell single "Utakata Hanabi/Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni" (CD Jacket illustration)
- EreGY (Cover Illustration)
- huke's birthday is on the 20th of April.
- He is a member of Team Fullmecha (official site).