|Name in Japanese||ステラ|
|Appears in||Black★Rock Shooter THE GAME|
|Voice Actor (Japanese)||Maaya Sakamoto|
|Family|| Sing Love (Origin/mother)|
Nana Gray (Fellow clone)
Stella is the incarnation of the Black★Rock Shooter character who is the main character of the PSP game Black★Rock Shooter THE GAME. She is a "living weapon" given the codename BRS, and was designed to combat the alien forces that invade the Earth in the near future, and becomes part of the sole resistance force that fight against the invaders.
Stella takes the appearance of a blue-eyed teenage pale-skinned girl with long black hair tied in uneven ponytails, with the right being shorter than the left. During battle a blue flame appears from her eye in order to increase the power of her attacks and activate abilities. Around her neck is a pair of dogtags and she also has two lines of barcode-like text on her midriff.
Stella has two canonical outfits throughout the course of the game.
Her first outfit is called "Normal Suit" (ノーマルスーツ, nōmaru sūtsu), which is the default outfit for Grays. She wears a black jacket with a white stripe down both sleeves and the logo of the UEF-PSS on her left shoulder. Additionally, all-black gloves can be seen at the end of the sleeves. The jacket covers a black string bikini and below, a pair of black shorts with various pouches affixed to it. She wears black boots with a simliar pattern to her jacket and a pouch on her right thigh.
Later in the game, with the original outfit heavily damaged, she obtains new clothes called "Booster Unit" (ブースターユニット, būsutā yunitto) from Gray, which has a small jet engine affixed to a pair of mechanical wings mounted on the lower back of her jacket. This outfit grants better heat management during evasive manuveurs in-game.
She also possesses 2 weapons, the Black Blade and the Rock Cannon, which can both be upgraded to grant BRS more firepower and slashing capabilities.
At the start of the game Stella is rather silent and unexpressive, speaking very few words be them questions or responses. At this point it is seen she has low memory capacity (akin to a young child) as things that are most obvious to most people such as a handshake, are unknown to her until properly thought. The perhaps greatest example of this, is when she let two of her companions die, because the enemy they faced did not attack her and thus assumed the armament was not an enemy, which changed when properly taught that the enemy of her allies is her enemy too.
As she bonds with the rest of the PSS members, she begins to show interest at certain things such as the names "Operation Piggy Ninja" and the war cry known as "Tally Ho!", which she would find fun enough, to ask at any possible instance. This things in turn would slowly but effectively make her more expressive and talkative to both friend and foe alike. As she expresses more of her emotions she shows a much more open concern for her allies and would also display at times a more playful side to herself, such as deliberately doing improper maneuvers while flying a ship when Rothcall was poking fun at her for smiling, knowing he was airsick. At the end of her mission at Moscow, she risked her life to save a can of cherries from the blast, since it was a small token of thanks; she possibly loves cherries.
- See full article: Black★Rock Shooter THE GAME
She was born on 22nd September 2035, and was named Stella by Professor Gibson. Gibson, who had abandoned everything else he had worked for, took Stella with him and fled from his research facility in Russia 3 days later and went back to live in San Francisco.
Knowing that BRS would suffer the same flaw of deteriorating memory as the past clone soldiers, Professor Gibson later began his research to help preserve Stella's memory from an external device. With help from his techicians, he successfully made a stasis tube that would help Stella increase physical strength while retaining her memories. Professor Gibson decided to contact the UEF and formally announces BRS' existance, considering her as the last hope of mankind.
Stella was confined to the stasis tube at the age of 6, despite her refusal. Project 12 was announced, with the plan of having Stella to stay in the tube for 12 years so she would be prepared to fight the aliens.
However, in 2051 aliens began their 3rd wave of invasion with numbers of Armaments greater than the first two. On the 25th of September, the remaining 12 UEF members, who were also the last men on Earth, woke BRS 3 years earlier than planned due to the urgency of the situation.
Black★Rock Shooter is one of the last residents on a dead Earth, joining the last stand of the remaining forces of Earth to fight against beings called the Seven Apostles. She is considered to be the ultimate weapon, whose abilities are the only hope to save Earth from utter destruction.
- Charge Shot - Delivers a strong penetrating shot from the Rock Cannon.
- Burst Shot - An upgraded form of Charge Shot. Deals more damage.
- Photon Shower - An upgraded form of Burst Shot. Does not replace Burst Shot
- Blade Kill - Deals massive damage to a stunned enemy with the Black Blade.
- IXA Blade - An upgraded form of Blade Kill. Deals more damage.
- BB Genocide - An upgraded form of Iksa Blade. Does not replace Iksa Blade
- Stun Snipe - Stuns a locked-on enemy.
- G-1 Snipe - An upgraded form of Stun Snipe
- Vulcannon - Unleashes a rapid-fire barrage from a heavy machine gun.
- Volcane - An upgraded form of Vulcannon. Deals more damage.
- Vortex - An upgraded form of Volcane. Deals more damage.
- Tracer Gun - Fires 3 homing shots.
- Chaser Gun - An upgraded form of Tracer Gun. Deals more damage.
- War Hammer - Deals damage to all enemies.
- Steel Cutter - An upgraded form of War Hammer. Deals more damage.
- Aggressor - Boosts Attack and Defense.
- Skill Boost - Enhances the strength of the next skill once.
- Defender - Boosts Defense.
- Absolute 0 - 0 damages for short period of time.
- Regenerate - Heals HP over time.
- Aftercare - Heals HP after battle. Has a 15% chance of activation.
- Aftercare+ - An upgraded form of Aftercare. Has a 30% chance of activation.
- Rocket Starter - Boosts Attack at the start of battle. Has a 25% chance of activation.
- Six Pocket - Increases item effectiveness. Has a 30% chance of activation.
- Danger Guard - Decreases damage when guarding.
- Treasure Hunt - Increases the chances of receiving items.
NOTE: All names are from the English release of Black★Rock Shooter THE GAME and may differ from the JPN release.
- Stella 's younger self bears a striking resemblance to Mato Kuroi.
- The gatling weapon in the Anime bears a resemblance to a prototype weapon shown in the artbook included in the White premium Box.
- All her costumes in game have high heels.
- Stella's hair is thiner,sparper,and shorter then Black Rock Shooter.
- If one considers the different forms her cannon takes while using different sets of skills (like the Sniper Rifle, the Axe, etc.) as separate weapons. Then Stella has the largest amount of weapons of the entire series.